We train you how to teach your dog basic manners such as Attention, Sit, Down, Off, Stay, Wait, Loose-Leash Walk and Heel, Go To, Stand, Touch, Target, various tricks, and much more! We teach you the 4 D’s of training: Duration, Distance, Distractions, and Different Contexts.
Click on the topics below for links to on-line articles that we endorse. Please let us know right away if you find any dead links. Also, please let us know if you’re redirected to a site that is inappropriate.
- The Clicker: Friend or Foe? — Jerry D. Patillo, CPDT-KA
- Are You Confusing Your Dog? — Jerry D. Patillo, CPDT-KA
- Are Head Halters Dangerous or Safe? — Dr. Sophia Yin
- If You’re Good, I’ll Let You Wear the Gentle Leader! — Dr. Jean Donaldson
- Head Halters: Gentle Leader vs. Halti — The Pawsitive Dog, LLC
- How to Introduce a Dog to a Gentle Leader to Stop Pulling on Leash — Sean Savage, CDBC, CPDT-KA, and Krystin Echterling-Savage, Ph.D., CPDT-KA
- Training Tip Gentle Leader — Molly Feeney
- Dog-Walking Mistakes — Victoria Schade
- How to Hold the Leash — Jerry D. Patillo, CPDT-KA
- Video Segments — Jerry D. Patillo, CPDT-KA
Positive Training vs. Forceful Training
- Miller, Pat. “Dog Training Using Positive Techniques.” The Whole Dog Journal, January 2007.
- –. “How Training Theories and Methods Differ.” The Whole Dog Journal, January 2007.
- Every Dog Should Know About This New Shock Collar Study — Victoria Stilwell
- Electronic Training Collar Present Welfare Risk to Pet Dogs — ScienceDaily
- AVSAB Position Statement on Puppy Socialization — American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior
- Puppy Socialization and the Sensitive Period: When is it, and is it important? — Yin, Sophia, DVM, MS., Pet Health Network.