We train you how to modify your behavior so you can teach your dog how to modify its behavior! For example, we can train you how to teach your dog:
- not to jump on people or the furniture
- not to pull on leash
- to bark appropriately rather than all the time
- to dig in one place instead of all over the place
- to chew on the right things instead of your shoes, your couch, or your children’s toys
- and so much more!
Below are some very helpful links, the contents of which we more or less agree with. That is, the articles below promote dog-friendly training methods, not aversive methods.
Aggression, Redirected or Displaced
- “Redirected Aggression in Dogs” — Nicole Wilde
- “How Can I Keep My Baby Safe Around the Dog?” — American Kennel Club
- “How to Prevent a Puppy from Biting” — American Kennel Club
Biting by Puppies
- “How Can I Stop My Puppy from Chewing on My Hand?” — American Kennel Club
Pulling on Leash
Running Out the Door